Introduction to Slitting.
Slitting is the process of cutting a roll (or log) of material into two or more narrower widths. Converting can mean the same, as well as rewinding a certain amount of material from a master roll onto a recovery roll. There are two distinct types of slitters: single-blade roll slitters and multi-blade rewind slitters, both of which we manufacture.
- make single cuts very fast
- easy to set up
- quick to change logs
- can cut adhesive material (WetBlade)
- multiple cuts simultaneously
- can rewind onto variable core sizes
- can cut measured amount of material (rewind) from a master roll